The Fragrance Shop Search is Over?

One of the hardest things today is to find the right fragrance, for yourself and for your home. For years I have been searching to discover a place that satisfies my requirements when it comes to body scents and home aromatherapy; the best fragrance for me is one that translates to something unique when I wear it, and that is made with real, natural ingredients so that it not only smells but also feels pure and fresh. You wouldn’t think it would be that hard to find, but it has seemed impossible. I had just about succumbed to the synthetic universe of designer perfumes when I walked past a store on Lexington Avenue and 61st Street in New York City, a small discreet oasis called Sabon.

While I had heard of Sabon, I had never thought of it as a fragrance shop. My friends had mentioned their amazing body scrubs and body butters, but I had never been to a store before. Inside I was amazed by the incredible range of body therapies and scents, everything from a fragrance oil to body sprays lined the shelves. After testing some of the scrubs and lotions, I left dazzled by what I had found – not only did I feel their subtle kiwi mango body dew had lifted my mood and become a natural and unique part of me, I was ultra-excited to know that inside the spray there was no oil or alcohol. Made with pure, distilled water I could spray it all over – even on my sensitive face – and know it was made with nothing but the best, natural components around. It had all the qualities I had been searching for in a fragrance.

Back by my computer later on, I decided to browse the online bath and body store to see if I could match my experience in the store with some quality online shopping. Today I only allow the best highly scented candles and the best fragrance oils into my home – the ones I buy from this privately owned company that cares a great deal about what goes into their bottles and containers.

Only natural oils, salts, sugars and minerals make it into Sabon emulsions and home fragrances. You never have to worry about dangerous chemicals or toxins being released on your skin or in your home. Even better, Sabon does not test their products on animals and all their packaging is recyclable and biodegradable. If you are like me and care about the earth, and about your own health, you’ll appreciate the effort from companies like these – it just adds to the experience of using what is anyways the best kind of fragrance for me.

Their personal home fragrance include some lovely body dews – such as my own personal favorite, the kiwi mango, but also a citrus one and a patchouli lavender vanilla edition. If you want something for your home, their scented candles are some of the best fragrant candles on the market; their reed diffusers, aromatic oils and drawer liners will blow you away. Cozy and familiar, yet fresh and new, all their wonderful fragrances have hints of joy and optimism.

When I have told my friends about Sabon, their first reaction is usually that these products would be expensive luxury goods. But they’re not. In fact, Sabon has some of the best fragrance prices around. What is even better is that they are long-lasting too, so you don’t need to think about buying refills or new products very often. Except for when you need really special gifts of course – with some of the best fragrances around, Sabon is a sure hit with anyone who love the finer things in life. Well ... that's my opinion anyways.